Saturday, September 20, 2014

Solar System Update

I had hoped that the 4 large solar panels would have been installed by now but sadly that task has not been completed yet. The problem is that there are certain things that require more than just myself to complete the job. The installation of each 50 pound 6.5 x 3.5 foot panel takes at least 2 people to install on to the top of the cargo trailer. I cannot do this process by myself.

Lucky for me, My friend's Gary & Mark have volunteered to assist me in the installation of the panels. Both guys are going to come over on Sunday September 21st, 2014 to assess what is required to efficiently get the panels mounted to the cross members on the roof that tie the roof to the sides of the trailer. Safety is a prime concern which is why I want to make sure that when I'm towing the Cargo Trailer to a new location, there is no possibility that the solar panels would slide off and come down on a vehicle behind me.

I'm sure, after my friends assessment, I'll be sent to Home Depot or Lowe's to purchase the necessary hardware to prepare for the solar panel install. Wiring the Solar Panels is my job as an Electrician and can be accomplished relatively quickly once the actual solar panels are in place.

I am hoping to accomplish the other two projects (1. The On-Demand Hot Water system for the shower & 2. The Emergency Floor Exit) soon after I complete the electrical system.

I look forward to completing the solar charging portion of my electrical system because it is the most time consuming, expensive & potentially dangerous aspect of the projects to date.

I guess that's it for now... Have a great day!