Friday, October 15, 2010

Metallized Burner Area..

The propane burner that my friend Jerry gave me was still sitting in the wooden area that I made for it. 

The wooden surface underneath the burner was unacceptable to me because I felt it could be dangerous.

I attached aluminum sheeting to all of the wooden surfaces that might come in contact with flames to protect them from catching fire. Safety is my primary concern.

I wanted to make sure that the propane hose going to the burner was moved from the heat area as efficiently as possible.


The propane gas delivery system is not even designed yet.


The picture in the lower right corner shows the finished burner area with all surfaces covered in sheet metal.

I can't wait to start cooking with this burner instead of the butane camping stove that I have been using.

Butane canisters are very expensive.

Click HERE to see a slide show of the photos from this post.