Sunday, February 12, 2012

A New Monitor

The two 19" Princeton Synergy LCD monitors that I have are nice, but I needed something newer. Movies made for widescreen viewing don't look right on 4:3 monitors. I decided to get a brand new ASUS VE278Q 27 Inch widescreen 16:9 LED monitor.  It cost around $400 with tax and shipping and it uses very little power because it is back lit with LED's instead of the more traditional LCD back lighting.

Here are some pictures of my new monitor.


I intend to mount the monitors on arm mounts from the wall when I have the money to buy the mounting brackets. I figured that I better mount the power supplies for the two 19" Princeton Synergy LCD monitors to their respective stands for the time being to keep the wiring off of the console surface to the best of my ability.

Here is the outcome of how I accomplished that task.