Monday, February 13, 2012

The New PC

Well the time has come where the laptop that I have been using is not really cutting it regarding the making of electronic dance music and editing high quality videos.  I bought the laptop from my friend Jerry for around $200 right after my previous living situation took a turn for the worse.  I'm the kind of person that requires Internet access 24/7 and I knew at that time that I could get by with a laptop until my situation changed for the better.

The new computer that I built starts out with a Lianli  aluminum PC case and is armed with a hexacore AMD Phenom x6 3.3 GHz processor (6 cores) and 16 Gigs of Corsair DDR3 RAM memory. The power supply is a 550 watt Kingwin Laser Platinum LZP-550. The PC also has an Asus 12x Blu-ray writer which is also a DVD and CD writer / player. I'm using an Asus M4A88TD-EVO USB3 Motherboard and a Scythe SCMG-2100RT aftermarket processor cooler. The internal hard drive is a Hitachi 2 Terabyte 7200 RPM SATA drive divided into two separate 1 gigabyte partitions. It runs Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64 bit version.

The grand total for the all of the computer parts was $1,155.27 which is phenomenal when compared to the approximate $7200.00 I spent 5 years ago on my last Studio PC. Since I'm currently a full time college student, I used that status to purchase a student discounted version of MS Windows 7 64 bit Upgrade and MS Office Professional for around $150. I added my M-Audio Delta 1010LT sound card from my prior Studio PC to create one extremely amazing A/V Workstation.

Here are some pictures of the new computer and the area that I created to securely mount and wire my new Studio Work Station PC.

You can see the stack of new parts in the left picture and the new case in the right picture.


 I tried to lay out the parts so that you can see them all clearly.

Inside the syringe is thermal paste for connecting the processor to the fan assembly.
Here is the area under the console where I am installing the PC shelf.

I secured the metal shelf brackets to the wood with additional zip ties for added stability.
You can see the new computer under the console on the shelf.

Here are a few pictures of the inside and back panel of the New PC.

The top picture shows the added M-Audio Delta 1010LT sound card and the bottom picture shows a closer look at some of the connectors on the back of the computer.